TANKiT is an emergency and temporary composite repair system for tanks and pressured vessels suffering from corrosion defects and / or mechanical damages. TANKiT ® is a pre-engineered solution to restore original integrity without shutdown, unless active leakage. It is a composite technical alternative to welded metal plate and equipment replacement. Thoroughly tested by 3X ENGINEERING (3X), TANKiT ® is a concept which provides the required strength to reinforce temporarily the damaged tank or vessel. The original 3X concept, a wet lay-up system, is a combination of 400 g/m² Kevlar® tape and highly-reinforced ceramic epoxy resin. This specific resin composition provides excellent anti-erosion and chemical features. Even in case of through wall defect, the fluid is kept inside the vessel / tank by the composite sleeve allowing restoring line integrity. The epoxy resin allows binding and transferring loading through the whole composite system. The bi-directional woven high-strength aramid-fiber material provides reinforcement in the hoop and axial directions.
Because the number of layers is constant (5 layers), the performance of the TANKiT® is linked not only to the pressure, diameter and thickness but also to the pit dimensions and the steel grade. TANKiT® was thoroughly tested with a maximum hole diameter of 100 mm.
Please refer to the following table to determine if the TANKiT® is suitable with your application.
- Repair external/internal corrosion
- Repair through-wall defects up to 100mm
- Stop the corrosion (if external defect)
- Onshore and offshore installations
- Various tank designs and up to 20m tank diameter
- Temperature up to +60°C (+140°F)
- Compatible with most common fluid and gas
- No engineering, no calculations
- Online repair (except for hole)
- No heating or post-curing required
- Cold welding system
- Cost effective solution