REINFORCEKiT® PATCH DESCRIPTION
REINFORCEKiT® PATCH is an advanced permanent composite repair system for tanks and pressured vessels suffering from corrosion defects and mechanical damage. REINFORCEKiT® PATCH is engineered to restore tank original integrity without shutdown, unless active leakage. It is a composite technical alternative to welded metal plate and equipment replacement. Thoroughly tested by third-party laboratories, REINFORCEKiT® PATCH is a 3X ENGINEERING (3X) concept which provides the required strength according to ASME B31G, ISO 24.817 and ASME PCC-2 codes and standards.
The original 3X concept is a combination of Kevlar® tape patching and specific epoxy resin. The bi-directional woven high-strength aramid-fiber material provides reinforcement in the hoop and axial directions. The epoxy resin allows binding and transferring loading through the whole composite system.
REINFORCEKiT® PATCH is a wet lay-up system made of several Kevlar® patches. The number of patches/layers, determined by calculation, is linked not only to the tank pressure, temperature, diameter and thickness but also to the pit depth and length and the steel grade. The repair design and material requirements are provided by 3X software REA after information compilation according to ASME B31G, ISO 24.817 and ASME PCC-2 codes and standards.
- Restore tank original integrity
- Reinforce damaged tank area
- Prevent further corrosion or deterioration
- Onshore and offshore installations
- All tank designs and sizes
- Service temperature up to +150°C (+302°F)
- Compatible with most common fluid and gas
- Designed according to ISO 24.817 and ASME PCC-2
- Online repair (except for hole)
- Long-term repair (up to 20 years for external defect)
- No limitation in pressure and defect size