REINFORCEKiT® 4D DESCRIPTION
REINFORCEKiT® 4D (R4D) is an advanced permanent composite repair system for pipelines and piping suffering from corrosion defects and mechanical damage. R4D is engineered to restore pipe original integrity without shutdown.
It is a nonmetallic technical alternative to metal clamps, welded sleeves and pipe replacement. Thoroughly tested by third-party laboratories, R4D is a 3X ENGINEERING (3X) concept which provides the required strength according to ASME B31G, ISO 24.817 and ASME PCC-2 codes and standards. The original 3X concept is a combination of Kevlar® tape and specific epoxy resin. The bi-directional woven high-strength aramid-fiber material provides reinforcement in the hoop and axial directions. The epoxy resin allows binding and transferring loading through the whole composite system. R4D is a wet lay-up system.
It is wrapped helicoidally around the pipe in order to bring the mechanical resistance to the damaged pipe section. The number of layers, determined by calculation, is linked not only to the pipe pressure, temperature, diameter and thickness but also to the pit depth and length, the steel grade and the pipe location. The repair design and material requirements are provided by 3X software REA after information compilation according to ASME B31G, ISO 24.817 and ASME PCC-2 codes and standards.
- No heating or post-curing required
- Online repair (no shutdown)
- Conform to any shape including welds, elbows and tees
- In accordance with standards
- No overload on corroded pipelines
- Fiber not hazardous for users
- Onshore,Offshore and subsea
- All pipe geometries including welds , elbows and tees
- All pipe sizes (no limitation)
- High pressure pipeline
- Pipe operating from negative up to high temperature
- Pipe transporting most common fluid and gas
Reinforce pipe suffering from :
- Internal and external corrosion
- Mechanical damage
- severe abrasion , erosion